Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Bearded Tits - at last!

Following several reports of Bearded Tits on the SOS website, and with the weather holding fair I scuttled off to the North Wall of Pagham Harbour with the camera. Early sighting of two birds was enough encouragement, unfortunately not close enough for photography. Nothing much else turned up so I meandered back to the sluice in an attempt to capture the Kingfisher. I became so engrossed in tracking the Kingfisher between the sluices that I forgot the Bearded Tits. Fortunately another kind birder alerted me to their arrival and I finally managed some clear but distant shots. The birds stayed for only about five minutes before they flew off into the many acres of reeds.  The day was topped off when a adult female Marsh Harrier gave a distant fly past.







Bearded Tit or Bearded Reedling
Species count 31 : Year list 118

No comments:

Post a Comment