Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

Hobby and Owls


Thanks to Dorian Mason for the sighting of a juvenile Tawny Owl at Church Norton. I arrived about 0600 but couldn't find an owl anywhere so took a walk to the right of the entrance path as far as the gate. On Friday an adult was sighted feeding here so I thought there might be a chance. No such luck but did come across a gorgeous looking Hobby, perched distant, but easily seen. I then wandered back and fortunately found the Tawny Owl. I was then joined by another birder, Ted, who found a second juvenile at the back of the same tree. No sign of an adult, though later in the morning I heard a couple of calls. After meeting Andrew House I walked along the West side, just in case the Nightjar was still around, nothing found save a few Linnets, not even my usual encounter with the stoat to liven things up. On the way back dropped in behind the hide to find 2 Spotted Flycatchers performing from the distant hedgerow. The onset of rain then curtailed all proceedings and I  returned home for lunch well satisfied.

Hobby


Tawny Owl (juv)

Tawny Owl (juv)

Tawny Owl (juv)

Tawny Owl (juv)

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher


1-2-3


Get off my Land!!


No comments:

Post a Comment