Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

A Whole New World

Whilst the garden pond attracts a host of avian visitors there are a few underwater residents, that up to now, I have not been able to capture on pixels. However, after a bit of research and a small amount of engineering I had my first go at photographing  these underwater subjects. This is a whole new world and a whole new set of problems to be overcome. Anyway here are my initial efforts, as the summer progresses I hope more will materialise - now where have those Damsel Flies got to? I humbly apologise for inadvertent reflections, bubbles, slightly cloudy water and other artifacts that appeared from nowhere as I tweaked things in Photoshop.


Smooth Newt, Lissotriton vulgaris


Smooth Newt, Lissotriton vulgaris

Smooth Newt, Lissotriton vulgaris
Smooth Newt, Lissotriton vulgaris

Smooth Newt, Lissotriton vulgaris

Broad Bodied Chaser (nymph), Libellula depressa
Broad Bodied Chaser (nymph), Libellula depressa

No comments:

Post a Comment