Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Burgh

A really pleasant walk over The Burgh in surprisingly good weather. It was a walk with surprises, first up was a large Brimstone butterfly, normally I see these earlier in the year . Unfortunately I had my 400mm lens on so had to stand off a ways and capture it the best I could.



Second up was a juvenile  Marsh Harrier hunting over one of the game strips to the east of the "dew pond". He/she was not keen on coming close so only record shots, handheld with the 400mm. This is my eleventh species of bird of prey in the locality.







Buzzards were soaring everywhere, far too many to count but they seemed to be in groups of five or six, maybe still in family mode.





Plus, of course, the ubiquitous Kestrel





Third surprise was meeting my namesake David (The Quizmaster) Potter and his fellow birder Nigel Barnes. Great to be able to put faces to names, I hope they enjoyed their visit to Cissbury.

Glad they were present when the large Rook flew over, this chap has fooled me several times, mainly due to his size and the fact that he flies alone. Not a Raven after all

1 comment:

  1. Some great shots of your visit Dave.Love that Brimstone nice male I believe.

    ReplyDelete