Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Firecrest

Sometime about mid-morning I was sat at the computer when a strange light came through the window, I had a vague recollection that it was called "sunshine" and was conducive to photography. So not one to pass up the chance of a trip out I grabbed the gear and fled the house. No more incentive required as both the builder and decorator are in attendance. Where to go?? As I made the A27 I realised that this yellowish radiation was only on the coastal strip and that the downs remained shrouded in the grey clag. In the end I opted for Arundel WWT for a female Bullfinch or perhaps a wader or two. The visit resulted in a Firecrest that was almost impossible to nail down. I had a distinct impression that there were two birds present but I was unable to confirm it, they are just too mobile.




My eye was caught by four fine looking Pintails, unfortunately part of the collection not vagrants taking advantage of the site. Nevertheless a nice shot of one of the drakes.




In the distance several Red-breasted Geese making an awful racket demanding to be snapped, a shame that they aren't on Beeding Brooks in similar numbers and with impeccable credentials.




No comments:

Post a Comment