Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Snow Bunting

A mid-afternoon posting by Nick Bond on SOS of a Snow Bunting on Ferring Beach had me bundling the camera into the car and going hotfoot to Groyne No.4. I say hotfoot more hobbling as I am incapacitated at the moment through a careless accident.

I parked on the sea front road and there in the distance were Dorian Mason and Dave Smith, a sure sign that I was in the right place. A most obliging bird - a year tick and a record shot just so I have the necessary proof. Thanks Nick - lovely bird.

I did my best to alert Martin but I suspect that he was off "owling"




3 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, I was there at lunchtime, a great bird and one I have been meaning to photograph for sometime now. Will post a pic or two later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, glad you enjoyed the bird and news got out via the SOS site pretty quick although hopefully this bird will hang around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick

      Thanks again - really good to have such a bird on the "local patch" - another tick for Groyne No.4

      Regards

      Dave

      Delete