Pages

Friday 20 September 2013

Curlew Sandpipers

Following Trevor's blog of the Curlew Sandpipers in White's Creek, Pagham Harbour, I decided to give them a go. I was intending to do a trip to Farlington Marshes  but given that the morning was set fair with blue sky and some really nice sunlight, it was a no brainer. It was an opportunity to kill three birds with one stone. I wanted to give the 1D another go, also to try it with the 2x extender as the Canon 1 series will autofocus down to F8 with this unit. Of course I also wanted to get some decent shots of a delightful bird. Most importantly this is the species that I sponsored in "The Birds of Sussex", how could I ignore them?

Just after I arrived Trevor turned up, attempting to improve on his already excellent capture that he had posted on Flickr the previous night. Yet again we will no doubt be publishing very similar photographs.

Nice to meet Joanne, always good to put a face to a name, hope you had a good birding day.


 












 
 
 



Curlew Sands normally give their worms a good wash before eating them.




No comments:

Post a Comment