Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Rose-coloured Starling

In warm sunshine I visited Selsey to find the juvenile Rose-coloured Starling. When I arrived Dorian was in the process of obtaining some reasonable shots of a bird that, for most of the time,  was happy to sit in the bushes with the rest of the Starlings. So, naturally I set up my camera in the same place, later when things quietened down I became aware that most birders had set up camp on the sea wall, probably 40-50 yards away from the bird, for the life of me I don't know why.

Later on I was joined by Martin, who yet again had been on a "Wild Ouzel chase". Obviously, on the way home, we visited Church Norton and the North Wall, both of which remain unseasonably quiet. Although a single male Bearded Tit at the back of Breech Pool was a welcome sight.

Thanks for the sighting report Sarah.

Happy to just sit in his/her bush


No comments:

Post a Comment