Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Water Voles II

The weather picked up in the afternoon and I fooled myself into visiting the site of the old cement works in Shoreham. Someone had reported Long-tailed Blue on the Everlasting Sweet Peas that abound in this area. When I arrived I was appalled at the condition of the site, it appeared for all the world that a herd of buffalo had been through the area, everything was trampled down. The desire to see a rarity overwhelming good manners.

So with the sun up I decided to re-visit the Water Voles at Arundel, no apologies for posting more photographs of such a delightful animal. I think these are an improvement but the lighting in the vicinity is difficult, bright skies to the east and a fair tree canopy above. The late afternoon sunshine providing that hint of warmth if not a great depth of field.









 





1 comment: