Pages

Friday 9 January 2015

Common Scoter

With the wind speed increasing towards a predicted gale, but with just a hint of sunshine brightening things up, I decided to seize the opportunity to visit the Widewater at Shoreham. Just to record the Common Scoter that has taken up residence. When I arrived it was nowhere to be seen but another birder alerted me to its presence - cheers - I am sorry I don't know your name. The duck was somewhat distant but it was good to get some record shots. Nice to meet Phillip and Ron who were also in attendance, good to put faces to names. Finally Martin arrived and after a few records the bird disappeared, going to roost out of sight on the island. I know it is a common bird but it is not often that you can get so close.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment