Pages

Monday 17 August 2015

Black Darter and Keeled Skimmer

Having been laid low by a summer bug I was left bereft of energy, I just couldn't face lugging the gear up and over the South Downs so I opted for a day on the flat. I kicked off at Stopham Bridge in the hope of a dragonfly or two - nothing doing whatsoever. In a bit of a dilemma I finally decided to give Thursley Common a go - at least the boardwalk is flat. As I parked up I was starting to regret even going out but as soon as I got my sights on a dragon I was away.  I finished a short stay with three "life" ticks - Black Darter, Keeled Skimmer and Small Red Damselfly. Also on the wing were Emperors, Southern Hawkers, Brown Hawkers, sundry Blue Damsels, Black-tailed Skimmer, Common Darter and Emerald Damselfly.








 
 








 
 
Not forgetting the Common Lizards that have recently acquired a new scientific name  -  Zootoca vivipara.
 
 
 
 

 
A Bog Bush Cricket



 And finally, a Sand Wasp, Ammophila sabulosa ( I think!)



The garden pond has been productive too, with newly emerged Blue-tailed Damselfly, Common Darter and Southern Hawker.











No comments:

Post a Comment