Pages

Tuesday 12 January 2016

Glaucous Gull at Goring Gap.

I was sitting at home feeling sorry for myself and regretting the fact that I hadn't joined Martin for a day's birding when I saw a tweet from Nick Bond. "Glaucous Gull at Goring Gap" and it was sent only five minutes previous. Another five minutes and the car was loaded, a further five minutes to get there and the first photo was in the camera in next to no time. Although the light was good and the bird posed occasionally between extensive bouts of sleeping it was still a good way off. Anyway, with it duly recorded on a day where the falling temperatures were no incentive to hang about, it was time for home. It is amazing what restorative powers the presence of a year tick on the local patch can have, by the time I reached home my aches and pains were much diminished - I always said birding was good for the health - that's why I go so often.


Well hidden amongst the other gulls.


When it stood up it was like the proverbial sore thumb.

 






Living in close proximity to other gulls has its downside.

Many thanks for the tweet Nick - keep 'em coming!

Nice to see a Black-headed Gull coming into summer plumage already.


 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment